Friday, August 12, 2011

Crazy Week for the Stock Market

Wow, it’s been a crazy week for the stock market.  At the beginning of the week, all stocks were going down and my portfolio was down by almost 5%.  Wednesday came and the stock market rebounded but still it’s lower than what it was last week and my portfolio is still down by 3%.    

Anyway, I had been through this before.  The worst that I experienced was a 20% down on my portfolio and that happened first half of 2009 when the stock market was just starting to recover from the 2008 financial crisis.  I was only new to the Philippines Stock Market then but it didn’t scare me, my portfolio was made up of big companies so I was so confident that my investment will recover so I just hold on with all my investments, not selling anything.  True to my expectations, in a few weeks time, my portfolio was up.

This craziness that’s happening in the stock market today will also have its end and if you’re tough enough to hold on and even buy stocks of companies that are way down below their valued price, we are on the same side.  It’s bargain hunting week at the stock market.

Good luck everyone.

No comments: